A successful Web site unfolds into a unique presentation of access-friendly information. Concise and organized writing entices a response from both the casual browser and information seeker.
TEXTnology provides complete Web development through the talents of a TEXTweb Team. Within each TEXTweb Team, writers work with designers, graphic artists, and engineers to create a complete, interactive Web site.
Planning an Approach
All TEXTweb site development stems from three basic goals:
- Design the optimal Web layout with graphic elements for corporate
and product information.
- Create templates to facilitate
easy integration of information in electronic format and
smooth generation of resulting HTML and graphics files.
- Provide an effective method for quick and easy formatting as well as
distribution of template information.
A TEXTweb Team is ready to leverage your site to its maximum potential. Your Team will work with a key assumption to drive the development of your Web design:
All levels (tiers) of presentation will unfold from a TEXTnology-created design or from your existing Web design. This will ensure consistency and instant recognition of your corporate image and product names.
Meeting Your Objectives
Unlike simple page-to-page movement within a printed document, a Web design warrants a unique style definition to reflect the dynamic characteristics readily available to your audience. Your TEXTweb Team will create the optimal Web layout from which to create templates:
- Design a layout in which all text and graphics are immediately
recognized as integral components of your corporate Web site.
- Design to accommodate internationalization issues such as
character set requirements, icon recognition, and cultural
- Design a balanced level (tier) structure with distinct sectioning
and user-friendly access to information that is logically organized
for the target audience.
- Define intuitive navigation of pages defined stylistically by the
type of information they present (text, graphics, images with
"hotspot" links, etc.).
- Create an HTML template file for use with each tier to ensure
consistency and ease of maintenance.
- Conform to and unfold from each tier template design.
- Write text and create graphics that bridge the gap between printed
and electronic forms of presentation.
- Echo graphics, as appropriate. Each instance of one product may
display a specific graphic and this graphic will be echoed within the
- Link to related information. These links may be in the form of
hyper-links and image-maps.
- Establish keywords for use by Web search engines.
- Design within the framework and limitations of the Web,
considering browsers, color palettes, screen resulutions, text size,
TEXTweb Teams avoid browser-unique features available only to a limited set of users (unless you specify otherwise).
Once a TEXTweb Team develops each Web site page, electronic and printed versions of HTML files with a sample of the resulting Web display are submitted for your review and final approval. Then, Team members will work with you to facilitate your site operation.
Technical Writing |
On-Line Help & Electronic Books
Multimedia Scripts |
Promotional Materials |
Web Sites |
Design Graphics |