Technical writing is the flagship service of TEXTnology. Each technical writing team is ready to deliver all printed books needed to support your product.
- Software writers work with basic-to-complex software applications
from office management to artificial intelligence on any platform:
Windows, DOS, MacOS, or UNIX.
- Hardware writers document leading edge computer hardware as well
as complete electrical and mechanical systems.
- Training writers prepare complete curriculum designs and learning
tools. With workbooks and tutorials, your customers will enjoy
learning your products.
Planning an Approach
TEXTnology's thorough approach to documentation will enable your product users to experience the full potential of your products. This is achieved through the information contained in your books, such as:
Table of Contents
Purpose and Scope
Procedures with Screen Captures and Examples
Methods, Suggestions, and Limitations
System and Error Messages
TEXTnology designers, illustrators, and graphic artists work with technical writers to generate examples such as screen captures, conceptual drawings, flowcharts, and technical illustrations to enhance the text descriptions and clarify specific concepts.
Meeting Your Objectives
Most book projects involve a customized, incremental flow of tasks:
- Review all existing materials and analyze your corporate
- Learn and work with the currently available version of your
hardware or software.
- Design a page layout or learn the details of your templates to
implement your established style.
- Write all text based on product use and interviews with your
- Capture screen images as examples.
- Create conceptual drawings showing the intent, usage, and flow
of modules and procedures.
- Generate additional supporting graphics.
- Format to integrate text and graphics with your approved
- Compile a table of contents and index.
- Proofread for spelling, grammar, terminology, and
- Cross-check all chapters for consistency and referencing.
- Incorporate all edits as specified by your representatives.
TEXTnology delivers printed copies of each book for your review. Once approved, we deliver final versions in various forms:
- Printed 600 DPI draft (shipped via U.S. mail or, if necessary,
- Adobe Acrobat PDF files for use as electronic documents.
- WP, DTP, and graphics application files (shipped via email, FTP,
- PostScript files for production.
TEXTnology can handle all prepress and printing production.
Technical Writing |
On-Line Help & Electronic Books
Multimedia Scripts |
Promotional Materials |
Web Sites |
Design Graphics |